In milling. Milling cutters are consumables. In long-term processing and production, milling cutters are easy to blunt, and after a period of time, milling cutters will be scrapped. The service life of milling cutter in milling processing is related to its own durability. Next, we will introduce the durability of milling cutter.
The cutting time of a milling cutter with a new edge (or a new edge on an indexable blade) from the beginning of milling to the time when the wear reaches the tool dulling standard is called the durability of the milling cutter.
In actual milling, it is time-consuming and inconvenient to measure whether the wear on the milling cutter reaches the wear limit. Therefore, when the same milling cutter is used in batch production or continuous milling, the durability of the milling cutter is generally used to determine the replacement of the milling cutter.
1、 Durability of milling cutter
After the materials and milling conditions of the milling cutter and workpiece are determined, the durability of the milling cutter is related to the milling amount. In order to improve the durability of the milling cutter and prolong the service life of the milling cutter, it is necessary to reduce the milling consumption, especially the milling speed, so as to reduce the production efficiency.
If you want to increase the milling amount and reduce the durability of the milling cutter, it is bound to increase the time for changing, adjusting and grinding the milling cutter, and the milling cutter loss is also large and uneconomical. Therefore, the durability of milling cutter should have a reasonable value, that is, under the premise of ensuring the processing quality, the cost should be minimized.
The durability of milling cutter should generally be determined according to the structure of milling cutter, manufacturing cost, difficulty of loading and unloading and other factors.
2、 Factors affecting the durability of milling cutter
1. Milling parameters: milling speed is the main factor that affects the durability of milling cutter in milling parameters, because increasing milling speed will significantly increase the cutting temperature and accelerate the wear of milling cutter. The second is the feed rate. Increasing the feed rate will reduce the durability of the milling cutter. Milling width and milling depth have little influence. Generally, in practical work, increasing the milling depth and feed rate and appropriately reducing the milling speed can improve the durability of milling cutters and improve production efficiency.
2. Workpiece material: the higher the strength and hardness of the workpiece material, the better the toughness, the smaller the thermal conductivity, the more serious the work hardening and the higher the thermal strength, the easier the milling cutter is to wear and the lower the durability.
3. Geometric parameters of milling cutter: the rake angle and main deflection angle of milling cutter have a significant impact on durability. Properly increasing the rake angle can reduce the milling force and cutting temperature, so as to slow down the wear of milling cutters; Properly reducing the main deflection angle can increase the working length of the main cutting edge, reduce the cutting load on the cutting edge of unit length, and improve the heat dissipation conditions, so as to improve the durability of milling cutters.
4. Milling cutter material: the milling cutter material has good thermal hardness, high hardness and good wear resistance, so the milling cutter has high durability. However, the milling cutter material should have a certain strength and toughness, otherwise it is easy to cause edge collapse and affect the durability.
5. Cutting fluid: reasonable selection and full use of cutting fluid can reduce cutting temperature and friction resistance, slow down the wear speed of milling cutter, and improve the durability of milling cutter.