The role of chemical polishing
Chemical polishing is a surface treatment method that improves surface quality by using a chemical solution to remove a layer from the surface of a material. This method is mainly used for metallic materials such as stainless steel, aluminum and copper, as well as some other specific alloys. The functions and advantages of chemical polishing include:
1. Remove oxide layer and dirt: Chemical polishing can effectively remove the oxide layer, rust, dirt and contaminants from metal surfaces. This restores the original shine and appearance of the metal, making it look like new.
2. Improve gloss: Chemical polishing can significantly improve the gloss of metal workpieces by removing surface irregularities and imperfections. This is useful for applications that require a highly smooth appearance, such as stainless steel products, furniture, decorative items, etc.
3. Improve surface quality: Chemical polishing can improve the quality of metal surfaces, including surface roughness, flatness and uniformity. This is important for the manufacturing of parts and components that require high precision.
4. Lower friction coefficient: The polished metal surface usually has a lower friction coefficient, which helps to reduce friction loss and improve the wear resistance of the workpiece.
5. Improve corrosion resistance: By removing impure substances from the metal surface, chemical polishing can improve the corrosion resistance of the material and extend its service life.
6. Improve coating adhesion: Polished metal surfaces usually have better adhesion, making it easier for coating, spraying or bonding materials to adhere and remain on the workpiece surface.
7. Customized Look: Chemical polishing can be used to create a customized look, such as creating a specific finish on stainless steel kitchen appliances, jewelry, and decorative items.
8. Automation: Chemical polishing can be performed automatically, thus saving labor and time costs. This is very advantageous for mass production and complex workpieces.
Chemical polishing is usually performed with control of the composition of the chemical bath, temperature and treatment time. Different chemical formulas are available for different metals and effects. Although chemical polishing has many advantages, it needs to be done with care to ensure safety and environmental protection, as some chemicals can be harmful to the operator and the environment.