Seven Factors Affecting Milling in Precision Parts Processing
In the process of precision parts, milling, as a common form of processing, is mainly used in the process of plane processing. Compared with grinding, the effect of milling is higher. In the process of milling, it can reduce the machining difficulties caused by complex parts. In the process of industrial milling, due to the influence of machine tools and other factors, the milling accuracy is affected, and the standard quality of processing cannot be reached. But what factors will affect milling?
1. The influence of milling vibration on machining accuracy milling vibration is caused by intermittent cutting characteristics of milling, milling mode (down milling or up milling), rigidity of process system and other factors. Milling vibration directly affects milling accuracy.
2. The multi edge cutter cuts into the workpiece surface intermittently, and the cutting force changes constantly when the precision part is processed, which causes the periodic vibration of the process system.
3. During up milling, there is a sliding distance when the milling cutter cuts into the processing surface of the workpiece, which makes the cutter bar lift. After cutting into the processing surface, the cutter bar is pulled down, causing periodic milling vibration.
4. Milling machine vibration caused by clearance of spindle, workbench guide rail, transmission mechanism, etc. affects machining accuracy.
5. Milling vibration is caused by insufficient rigidity of the fixture of the milling machine.
6. Milling vibration is caused by the diameter or length of long milling cutter shank and large milling cutter.
7. Milling vibration is caused by insufficient rigidity of workpiece or improper positioning or clamping.