CNC milling machine has rich processing functions and a wide range of processing technology, and faces many technological problems. Before starting to compile the milling program, we must carefully analyze the processing technology of CNC milling and master the characteristics of milling process equipment, so as to ensure that the processing function of NC milling machine can be brought into full play.
Main functions of CNC milling machine
Although the CNC systems configured by various types of CNC milling machines are different, the functions of various CNC systems are basically the same, except for some special functions.
1. Point position control function: this function can realize hole system processing with high requirements for mutual position accuracy.
2. Continuous contour control function: this function can realize the interpolation function of straight lines and arcs and the processing of non-circular curves.
3. Tool radius compensation function: this function can be programmed according to the marked size of the part drawing, without considering the actual radius size of the tool used, so as to reduce the complex numerical calculation during programming.
4. Tool length compensation function: this function can automatically compensate the length of the tool to meet the requirements of tool length adjustment in processing.
5. Scale and mirror processing function: the scale function can change the coordinate value of the programmed processing program according to the specified scale. Mirror machining is also called axisymmetric machining. If the shape of a part is symmetrical about the coordinate axis, as long as one or two quadrants are programmed, the contour of the other quadrants can be achieved by mirror machining.
6. Rotation function: this function can rotate the programmed machining program by any angle in the machining plane.
Processing range of CNC milling machine
Milling is one of the most commonly used machining methods in machining. It mainly includes plane milling and contour milling. It can also drill, expand, ream, bore, spot facer and thread machining. NC milling is mainly suitable for the processing of the following types of parts.
1. Plane parts: plane parts refer to parts whose machining surface is parallel or perpendicular to the horizontal plane, and the angle between the machining surface and the horizontal plane is a certain value. This kind of machining surface can be expanded into a plane.
2. Ruled surface parts: ruled surface parts refer to surface parts generated by straight lines moving according to a certain law.
3. Solid surface parts: parts whose machining surface is a spatial surface are called solid surface parts. The machining surface of this kind of parts cannot be developed into a plane. Generally, ball end milling cutter is used for cutting, and the machining surface is always in point contact with the milling cutter. If other cutters are used for processing, it is easy to interfere and mill the adjacent surface. Generally, three-dimensional CNC milling machines are used to process three-dimensional curved surface parts, and the following two processing methods are adopted.
(1) Line cutting processing method: the three-axis CNC milling machine is used for two axis half coordinate control processing, that is, line cutting processing method.
(2) Three axis linkage processing: three axis linkage processing with three-axis CNC milling machine, that is, spatial linear interpolation. For example, semi spherical shape can be processed by line cutting method or three coordinate linkage method.