Contact Person : Perfect
Phone Number : 18575535002
August 1, 2022
In order to meet various processing requirements, the processing of special grooves is also a part of machining production. Common special grooves include V-shaped groove, T-shaped groove and dovetail groove. The special groove is usually milled with a milling cutter with a cutting edge shape corresponding to the groove shape. So, what is the milling method of the special groove? Now let's introduce it in detail.
V-shaped groove and its milling method
1. Main technical requirements of V-groove
(1) The central plane of the rectangular groove shall be perpendicular to the datum plane (bottom surface) of the cuboid.
(2) Both sides of the cuboid should be symmetrical to the central plane of the V-shaped groove.
(3) Both sides of the narrow V-shaped groove should be symmetrical to the central plane of the V-shaped groove. The bottom of the narrow groove should slightly exceed the extended intersection line on both sides of the V-shaped groove.
2. Milling method of V-groove
(1) Adjust the end milling head and mill the V-shaped groove with an end milling cutter: the V-shaped groove with an included angle greater than or equal to 90 degrees can be turned up in the vertical milling machine and milled with an end milling cutter. Before milling, the narrow groove shall be milled first, and then the end milling head shall be turned, and the V-shaped groove shall be milled with an end milling cutter. After milling the V-shaped surface on one side, loosen the workpiece, turn it 180 degrees, clamp it, and then mill the V-shaped surface on the other side. You can also turn the vertical milling head in the opposite direction and mill the V-shaped surface on the other side. During milling, the reference plane of the fixture or workpiece should be parallel to the transverse feed direction of the workbench.
(2) Adjust the workpiece milling V-shaped groove: for V-shaped grooves with an included angle of more than 90 degrees and low accuracy requirements, one side of the V-shaped groove can be corrected according to the scribed line, so that it is clamped parallel to the workbench table. After milling one side, re calibrate the clamping on the other side, and then milling. When the included angle is equal to 180 degrees and the size of the V-shaped groove is not too large, it can be clamped and milled at one time.
(3) Milling V-shaped groove with angle milling cutter: V-shaped groove with an included angle less than or equal to 90 degrees is generally milled on horizontal milling machine with symmetrical double angle milling cutter with the same angle. Before milling, narrow groove shall be milled with saw blade milling cutter, and the datum plane of fixture or workpiece shall be parallel to the longitudinal feed direction of workbench.
If there is no suitable symmetrical double corner milling cutter, two single corner milling cutters with opposite cutting edges and the same specification can be used for milling. When assembling, a washer or copper sheet with appropriate thickness (less than the width of the narrow groove) should be placed between the two single angle milling cutters, or the cutting edges of the two single angle milling cutters should be staggered, so as not to damage the end edge of the milling cutter.
2、 T-shaped groove and its milling method
1. Main technical requirements of T-groove
(1) For the dimensional accuracy of the width of the straight T-shaped groove, the reference groove is it8 and the fixed groove is it12.
(2) The two sides of the straight groove of the reference groove shall be parallel (or perpendicular) to the reference plane of the workpiece.
(3) Both sides of the bottom groove should be basically symmetrical to the central plane of the straight groove.
2. Milling method of T-shaped groove
Generally, for the milling of T-shaped groove, first mill the straight groove with three edge milling cutter or end milling cutter, and leave an allowance of about 1mm for the depth of the groove, then mill the bottom groove with T-shaped groove milling cutter on the vertical milling machine, and mill the depth to the requirements, and finally chamfer the groove with angle milling cutter.
The groove milling cutter shall be selected according to the width of the straight groove. The neck diameter of T-groove milling cutter is the basic size of T-groove.
3. Precautions for milling T-shaped groove
(1) When cutting with T-groove milling cutter, the cutting part is buried in the workpiece, and the chips are not easy to be discharged. It is easy to fill the chip holding groove (plug the cutter) and make the milling cutter lose cutting ability, so that the milling cutter is broken. Therefore, the cutter should be withdrawn frequently and the chips should be removed in time.
(2) When cutting with T-groove milling cutter, the cutting heat is not easy to emit due to poor chip removal, which is easy to cause the milling cutter to anneal and lose the cutting ability. Therefore, when milling steel parts, cutting fluid should be fully poured.
(3) When cutting with T-groove milling cutter, the cutting conditions are poor, so smaller feed rate and lower cutting speed should be selected.
Enter Your Message